E-MU 1820M/1820/1212M/0404/Proteus X/Emulator X/Emulator X Studio Driver v1.82 Windows XP x64.
Before you download:
- This Driver Package fully installs Digital Audio System device drivers. It does not require that you had previously installed software from an original Digital Audio System CD, only that your system meets the minimum hardware requirements.
- If you already have Digital Audio System Beta software installed on your computer, be sure to completely uninstall that software before attempting to install this software.
- Not all applications are compatible with 64-bit versions of Windows. In particular, the following applications shipped as part of the E-MU Production Tools are not fully compatible with Windows XP 64:
- WaveLab Lite does not work correctly unless it is operating in 32-bit compatibility mode.
- AmpliTube LE and T-RackS EQ won't install under 64-bit Windows.
- DiscWelder Bronze doesn't include 64-bit drivers for DVD burning.
- Emulator X VSTi and Proteus X VSTi will work in 32-bit host applications, but not, at this time, in 64-bit host applications. Emulator X standalone will run in 32-bit emulation mode on 64-bit systems.
- Cubase LE causes PatchMix to freeze the first time it is run if the current sample rate is 88.2kHz or greater.
Before you install:
If you have experienced a fault in any audio applications, you should reboot Windows before applying this update.
Exit all applications before installing these updates.
After you install:
1616 and 1616M Users: Immediately after installing this upgrade, please be sure to turn the MicroDock off and then back on again, in order for the new firmware to take effect
Driver Package V1.82 x64 contains the following:
Driver Version# 220.127.116.114 (x64 Build)
Firmware Version# 3.4 (For E-MU 1212M, 1820, 1820M, Emulator?X)
Firmware Version# 1.00 / 1.01 (For E-MU 0404, Proteus?X)
Firmware Version# 4.2 (For E-MU 1616, 1616M)
Windows Driver Signature
When you install the Digital Audio System drivers, you will see a dialog box that informs you that the driver has not passed Windows Logo testing.
The Digital Audio System drivers are not signed because the driver does not support some of the consumer audio features that the Microsoft driver signing program requires, most notably Digital Rights Management.
However, the Digital Audio System drivers have been rigorously tested using the same test procedures that a signed driver requires, and it passes in all important categories, including those that measure the relative stability of the driver. So, it is perfectly safe to install these drivers on your computer.
Minimum System Requirements:
- Intel?EM64T or AMD?AMD64 processor
- Intel? AMD?or 100% compatible motherboard & chipset
- 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM or higher
- 900 MB of free hard disk space
- XVGA Video (1024 x 768)
- Microsoft?Windows?XP Professional x64 Edition
- E-MU?0404, 1212M, 1616, 1616M, 1820, 1820M Digital Audio System, or Emulator?X, Emulator?X Studio Desktop Sampling System, or Proteus?X Desktop Sound Module.